Store-bought bongs and bowls could be very costly and too complicated to use. Sometimes the best bowls are the homemade kind, something that you can use especially when you are in a pinch. Here is some quick and easy homemade bowl for weed projects that you can make on your own.
Making a fruit bowl for weed
Fruit is one of the popular materials that you can use to make a bowl. You can use large fruits with tough rinds or skins like pineapples, watermelons, melons, and apples for this project. The reason why these fruits work is that you can remove the inside sections of these fruits and use the hollowed cavity to hold your weed. These fruits are easy to carve too despite a tough skin. You can easily carve out a hole to hold your mouthpiece and any additional sections you want to add for your bow. Some users also agree that fruits also enhance the flavor of weed. So if you are using a potent Sativa then expect a fruity aftertaste when you use any kind of fruit as your weed bowl.
You will need
- Fruit/fruits of your choice (apples, pears, watermelons, melons or pineapples)
- A small paring knife
- A tablespoon or spatula
- A large bowl
- Aluminum foil
- With a small knife, cut the top part of the fruit. Cut only a few millimeters from the stem and keep this part. This can be used as a cover for your bowl.
- Use a tablespoon, scoop the inside of the fruit if you can. Most fruits like pineapples may take time to remove the inside. Use a long and thin sharp knife to move it around the sides of the fruit to loosen the insides. Use the tablespoon or a spatula to scoop the insides out.
- Make sure that you have removed all the insides or the meat of the fruit including the seeds. Place these in a bowl, do not discard (you can still eat this afterward!).
- Use the sharp knife to cut a small hole along the side of the fruit. This will be your mouthpiece. If you want, you can insert a glass pipe or a pen to the fruit to work as the mouthpiece so you don’t have to smoke out of the hole.
- You may also use a sheet of aluminum to line the inside of the fruit. Take a toothpick to punch small holes on the surface of the aluminum foil so that the fruity smell and juice can still mix with your weed.
- Your bowl is done. Just fill this up with weed and light. When you are done, you may discard the fruit or place it inside the fridge to preserve it. Make sure to cover the top so that the insides won’t dry up.
Using a pen
Create a small bowl without attracting too much attention with just a simple pen. Use a pen that has a metal tip or preferably a metal body so you won’t have to worry about the metal tip melting the plastic pen body.
Things you will need
- Pen with a metal tip and body
- Lighter or torch
- Weed to use
- Prepare the pen you will be using by disassembling it. Usually, a regular metal tip pen has three sections: the tip, body and the cap.
- Remove the ink chamber and keep it in case you still want to use the pen.
- Take the tip and invert it. The tip should be placed inside one end of the body. The inverted tip will become a small bowl where you can place small amounts of dried weed.
- Use your lighter or torch to slightly heat the section where the plastic body meets the inverted tip. This will let plastic stick to the metal tip and let the tip remain on the end to hold the weed.
- Now you have your pen bowl ready. Place a small amount of dried weed inside the inverted tip and smoke it. The other end of the pen body will be your mouthpiece.
- When you are done smoking, simply disconnect the tip from the body with a snap and then assemble the pen.
Using empty plastic bottles
If you want to share your weed then you would be better off using a large bowl. If you have discarded plastic bottles, you can use these to create a large bowl to share your smoke.
Things you will need
- Empty plastic large water bottle
- Large pitcher
- Cutter or scissors
- A small piece of aluminum foil
- A toothpick
- Fill a large pitcher of water to cover 2/3 of the height of the water bottle. The water bottle in this project will be the chamber for the smoke. The pitcher will be filled with water to create a suction to draw the smoke in.
- Use a cutter or a sharp pair of scissors to cut the bottom of the bottle off. The bottle should be able to sit flat on the table so you must create a straight line.
- Use the aluminum foil to create the bowl. Place it around the top of the water bottle to cover the hole but slightly push it inwards to be able to hold the dried weed. Use a toothpick to create holes on the foil that covers the opening of the lid.
- Fill the pitcher with water to cover 2/3 of the height of the water bottle. When placed inside the pitcher, the top of the water bottle should be about 1 ½ inch above the water level.
- You may now use your large bowl. Fill the bowl with some dried weed and light it. As the weed burns, slowly lift the bottle in the water. The negative air pressure will help pull the smoke into the bowl. Stop lifting before the bottom of the bottle is completely out of the water. Remove the foil bowl to inhale the smoke.