Interested in growing your cannabis garden but you are lacking in space or budget? Would you like to start indoor cannabis growing in small spaces? Trying off your green thumb in growing cannabis by starting with a small and inexpensive grow space? This is very much possible as different methods and techniques will allow you to grow marijuana in small spaces.
Cannabis is a versatile plant that can be grown in different growing environments and mediums. If you are an indoor grower, there several ways to grow cannabis and you even grow them in a space bucket.
Yes, you got it right. It is much possible to create an inexpensive yet efficient grow space for your cannabis plant using a space bucket. This is perfect for beginner cannabis grower who wants to start their garden indoors or for those who want to grow cannabis but has limited space and budget.
What is a cannabis space bucket?
What exactly is a cannabis space bucket? For the name itself, it is obviously made of a bucket and is used as a grow space in cultivating a cannabis plant. Thanks to expert cannabis growers with a never-ending quest on finding ways on how to grow these plants, cannabis can now be grown in space buckets given the right condition.
An ideal cannabis space bucket is made up of two important parts. It is designed to be an ideal growing space that is equipped with the essential things that a cannabis plant needs to survive. A space bucket is composed of two important parts:
- The light top. The light top obviously holds the grow lights that will be the source of light that the plant needs for it to grow in the absence of the natural light (sunlight). You can use different kinds of grow lights but most cannabis growers recommend CFL lights (100 watts). The grow lights are located on the top part of the space and it should provide different spectrums that the plants need in order to grow.
- The main bucket. The main bucket is where you obviously put the plants. The size of the main bucket depends on how many plants are you trying to grow. Just make sure that you will be able to provide a good space for your plants and that they will not be crowded inside the bucket.
How to create a space bucket?
The interesting about growing your cannabis in a space bucket is that it will allow you to create your own grow space with the use of inexpensive yet durable materials. You can customize your space bucket according to the kind and number of strains that you need to grow. Here are helpful tips on how to create your own space bucket:
What you need:
- 4 pcs 5-gallon buckets (20 liters)
- 1 lid
- CFL lights (100 watts)
- Small fans
- 12-volts power supply
- 1 Power Strip
- White paint / black pain
What to do:
- Select a bucket as the main growing space. Make sure that it is clean and has no excess water. Start draining holes at the bottom.
- If you are using a bucket that needs reflective material, line, or use white paint to make it light proof. If you are using white containers that are already reflective, then there is no need to use other reflective materials. It is very important that the grow space is light proof and there should be no possibility of any light leakage.
- Make holes on each side of the bucket. These holes are designated for ventilation. The size of the holes will depend on the size of the fans that you will be using. Just make sure that the PC fans can be placed tightly and secured. One fan will be responsible for the intake of the air but the other will act as an exhaust thus it should be pointing out. If both fans are in place, connect them to the power supply.
- Set up the grow lights. To start setting up the grow lights, cut a hole in the lid. The holes should fit each socket and then you can wire them with a plug and a cable. The lights are set up on top of the plants. Make sure that they are securely attached to the lid.
- Connect the 24-hour timer to the lights.
- Secure the power strip at the side of the bucket. You may glue it to attach it. This is where you plug the fans and the lights.
- Create an adjustable chamber. It would be best to set up an adjustable chamber. All you need to do is cut off the top part of three buckets and stick them on top of the main bucket. This will allow you to adjust the height of the lighting during the plant’s growth cycle.
- Lightproof. Any grow space should be light proof. To make your space bucket light-proof you can paint the outside with white or black paint.
- Assemble the space bucket. Plug the timer, fan, and lights into the power strip.
- Carefully place your plants in the grow space and make sure that they have a good distance from each other so that it won’t be crowded.
- Final check. Do a final check-in of your space bucket. Make sure that there’s no excess water and any leaks for light.
Advantages of Growing Cannabis in a Space Bucket
The biggest advantage of growing cannabis in space buckets is that it is inexpensive yet it is very effective. It allows you to make use of cheap yet durable materials. This is the perfect option for those who are trying cannabis growing so they won’t invest in expensive grow space while they are starting.
Growing in a space bucket allows a grower to learn more about cannabis as it requires you to constantly monitor your cannabis plant. With a space bucket, you don’t have to worry about restrictions on growing spaces.
Without a doubt, growing cannabis in a space bucket is the answer for those interested cannabis growers who want to start their own garden but have limited space and budget. This is also a perfect starting platform if you want to begin your cannabis growing journey before investing in other equipment.