How to Make a Bong
Making a bong is easy. You don’t need to purchase one or use an already dirty one you had ages ago. Remember that anything can be made into a bong as long as you use your imagination. Here are some of the most common ones made from common everyday household items. See if you can make one of these today.
Bong made of ordinary plastic bottle
Here is a simple bong made of an ordinary plastic water bottle, the kind you can pick up from any convenience store. Just remember that the larger your bottle, the better your bong will be.
- Fill up a plastic bottle ¼ of the way with water. Remove the plastic cap. The water is what the smoke will filter through when you’re smoking the bong.
- Create a hole just below the neck of the water bottle. This is the carb, a hole you’ll cover with your finger at first and then you need to let go to inhale the smoke inside the bottle. The hole should be large enough for air to easily flow through but not so big that your finger won’t be able to cover it. You can use any kind of sharp tool to make the hole. You can use a pen, a knife, or a paperclip that has been straightened out.
- Make a second hole but this time slightly above the waterline. This will be the downstem. This will contain the tube with the bowl attached to it. The end inside of the bottle is submerged in the water. Cut the hole with the same tool you used to make the first hole. This hole should be about the same width as a pen. If you make this any smaller, it would be hard to push the downstem If this is larger, the downstem may be too loose.
- Create a downstem with a highlighter and foil. Empty the contents of a highlighter but save the hollow plastic tube. Use scissors or pliers to remove the upper section of the highlighter from the tube.
- Cut a small piece of aluminum foil and wrap this around the wide end of the plastic tube. Place a finger in the center of the foil and press this down the tube to create the bowl. Create small holes on the aluminum foil bowl using a toothpick or an unfolded paper clip.
- Push the open end of the downstem through the bottom hole. Position the downstem downward so the open end part of the bottle is submerged in the water. When the downstem is in the correct position, the bowl should be angled upward on the outside of the bottle.
But if you are having a hard time fitting the downstem through the hole, make it a little bigger and try to insert this again. Do not make the hole too big because the downstem will end up being too loose.
- Now that the plastic bottle bong is ready, it’s time to test it out Pack the bowl with dried weed and try it out. To use your plastic bottle boncover the carb—the hole you made at the top of the bottle with your finger. Place your mouth on the mouthpiece and light the weed inside the bowl with a lighter. As you’re lighting the bowl, slowly inhale through your mouth. The bottle will soon be full of smoke. Take your finger off the carb and breathe the smoke.
- You may use the cap to cover the bottle if you aren’t able to inhale all the smoke. Take the cap off if you are ready to smoke again.
Video By: CREATIVE WORKS
Video Source: Youtube.com
A gravity bong
Now, this is another version of a bong made of a plastic bottle. This bowl makes use of gravity to help you breathe the smoke easier.
- Cover the mouthpiece of a plastic water bottle with foil. This will be your bowl where you will pack your dried weed before you use the gravity bong. Remove the cap off the bottle, cover the mouthpiece with foil, and press it down with your finger to create a bowl-shaped piece.
- You can use any kind of plastic bottle for this project but remember that the larger the bottle you will use, the bigger your hits will be.
- Fit the plastic bottle inside of another plastic container to create the gravity bong, therefore it must not be too big.
- Create small holes in the foil using a toothpick. These holes will allow the smoke to move into the bottle. Make sure that the holes are not so big that the contents of the bowl will fall into the bottle. A few holes should be enough. You may add more holes if the bong is not pulling enough smoke.
- Cut off the bottom part of the bottle about 1–2 inches (2.5–5.1 cm). This will let water to get into the bottle later on when you are done assembling the gravity bong. Use a knife and a pair of scissors to cut the bottom of the bottle.
- Fill a separate larger plastic container with water. You can use a plastic bottle, bucket, plastic bin or a pitcher. If you are using a plastic bottle, cut the neck of the bottle so the bottle is open at the top.
- Leave 1–2 inches (2.5–5.1 cm) at the top of the container to prevent water from overflowing.
- Press the plastic bottle into the container of water. Stop placing it downwards when the waterline reaches the neck of the bottle.
- Now the gravity bong is finished. You may now use your bong. Place the dried weed in the bowl and light it. As you do this, slowly lift up on the plastic bottle so it starts to fill with air. Keep lifting the bottle until the bottom is nearly out of the water. Remove the foil, put your mouth on the mouthpiece and start inhaling the smoke. If you can’t inhale all the smoke you have made, cover the mouthpiece with your hand. Release only when you are ready to take another hit.