The specialty of utilizing companion plants is turning into an extremely popular method in the period of cannabis. This kind of method alludes to utilizing different plants to protect your most significant ganja. A considerable amount of various flowers and herbs can be made as cannabis companion plants.
Consequently, some of the companion plants draw beneficial insects like the one responsible for pollination. Other types of cannabis companion plants may keep predators under control. In any case, other companion plants can uphold the best development due to their underlying characteristics that can be shared with your cannabis.
List of Best Cannabis Companion Plants
Cannabis companion plants are named as “companion” as they refer to the idea of being a “friend” to cannabis in the garden; a companion that will help cannabis to be developed well along with the characteristics and help to come from those plants. As then, that’s why it has been called “cannabis companion plants”.
Cannabis companion plants are an extraordinary gardening method when you are a cannabis grower. This framework will deliberately help you harvest not just cannabis but also flowers, herbs, vegetable, fruits, or any type of crop you have put.
- Alfalfa is one of the best companion plants as this provides a high content of nitrogen.
- This plant can likewise be utilized as some kind of nitrogen-rich layer during the developing moments of your cannabis.
- Basil as one of your cannabis companion plants doesn’t only help you get the best spice to your food as this also repel different sorts of insects, slugs, and snails.
- The smell coming from the basil that is also coming from its foliage will ward off those various insects.
- Beans are one of those best cannabis companion plants as this can haul nitrogen out from the atmosphere’s air, then it will transform it into the form of nitrites.
- The nitrites will then assimilate within the soil of your garden and your cannabis plant will take it up as a supplement to combat nitrogen deficiency.
- Borage or any different species under the Comfrey family can serve as one of the best cannabis companion plants as this provides extra supplements.
- Plants under this family, Comfrey family, go about as some kind of fertilizer as it infuses minerals and nutrients through their deep roots.
- Cilantro is also one of the best cannabis companion plants when your number one hindrance in growing cannabis best is spider mites or/and aphids.
- The chamomile plant is the best cannabis companion plant when you think your plant needs high maintenance of potassium and calcium.
- Additionally, this plant expands oil creation to close by plants and will deliver sulfur, which is one of the things that will repel insects.
- Chrysanthemum doesn’t only make your garden as this plant can also combat harming nematodes and insects.
- The pyrethrin content coming from the Chrysanthemum is a kind of content in which scientists use when forming insecticides as this can kick and kill away insects.
Clover (Dutch White, Crimson, Microclober, and Red)
- The help coming from Clover (Dutch White, Crimson, Microclober, and Red) doesn’t only revolve around providing extra nutrients as this can also improve the water circulation around your plant.
- Moths can be quite hard to kill, and if you are having a problem with killing them within your cannabis garden, then it’s best to add costmary as a companion plant for it.
Digitalis Purpurea (Common Foxglove)
- The flowering plant, Digitalis Purpurea (Common Foxglove), attracts the insect Dicyphus Hesperus. As the moment this catches the Dicyphus Hesperus’ attention, this insect will then help in destroying spider mites, whiteflies, and aphids.
Dill (or Anise, Cumin, Fennel)
- Dill or some may have known this as Anise, Cumin, or Fennel keeps the aphids, caterpillars, and spider mites away from your cannabis.
- Consequently, this plant will attract wasps, which is the number one predator of aphids, caterpillars, and spider mites.
- Certain various creatures like root maggots, aphids, Japanese beetles, slugs, and snails are the kind of animals or insects that the garlic can repel through its characteristics.
- Furthermore, garlic as a cannabis companion plant helps in bringing natural fungicide.
- The fragrance coming from lemon balm will keep away mosquitoes to live on your cannabis plants.
- Additionally, this may lessen undesirable attention coming from your neighbors as the smell of lemon balm covers the skunk undertone of your cannabis. Thus, this is only applicable in the case of your marijuana as a part of the skunk genetics.
- Marigold flowers keep off different types of insects but their common targets to repel are the whiteflies.
- The chemical contents coming from the marigold will be delivered to the soil in your garden that will keep pests away.
- The smell coming from the peppermint plant will help in repelling aphids.
- Additionally, the menthol undertone from this plant can likewise pull valuable or beneficial insects that will help your cannabis to grow well.
- The sunflower plants don’t only attract your eye as this can also attract valuable flower bugs and mites, which their basic role is to take in scales, mites, and fungus gnats.
Verbascum Thapsus (Gret Mullein)
- Like the Digitalis Purpurea (Common Foxglove) flowering plant, this plant also attracts the insect Dicyphus Hesperus, which is the responsible insect that can thaw way spider mites, whiteflies, and aphids.
- Yarrow is a plant that attracts ladybirds and wasps that will help in taking away different sorts of insects flying over or residing in your cannabis plant.
Cannabis companion plants bring various beneficial help when you are growing cannabis. This method somehow covers the line of 100 percent natural way on how to repel insects, animals, or to keep supplements more naturally. Henceforth, your garden will not only be filled with cannabis as other plants are also there and you can have their best qualities at hand.
In the context of science, a symbiotic relationship is a good thing to practice as you are taking both subjects in one sitting. For instance, you have the flowers listed above as your cannabis companion plants, and then this will attend to you of having a beautiful bouquet that can be decorated in your house, or perhaps some spices that can be used for food. As then, the only limit is your growing space.